Contact: Nancy Gump Melancon
Andy Gump, Inc
24610 Summit Circle
Santa Clarita, CA 91350
Andy Gump, Inc. Announces Support for World Portable Sanitation Day
(Santa Clarita, CA/Los Angeles County, 15, July 2014) – Andy Gump, Inc., announced today that it will join with the Portable Sanitation Association International (PSAI) and concerned people around the world to recognize and celebrate World Portable Sanitation Day (WPSD) on August 15, 2014.
- Imagine – Your life without access to sanitation
- Imagine – Grocery shopping, education, workplace, parks, homes all with no facilities
- Imagine that you are one of the 2.6 billion people – about one-third of the world’s population – who deal with this challenge every day
- Imagine that you live in a place where children die because of unclean drinking water
- Imagine that your daughters cannot attend school one week a month because the school lacks a safe private toilet
- Imagine your wife and children can only relieve themselves at night – and that they are at risk of attack and rape when they search for a place to answer nature’s call
In developed countries like the United States there is the luxury of safe restroom facilities in most buildings, and portable restrooms are available for every situation from natural disasters to recreation events. Portable restrooms provide a solution to some of the world’s sanitation challenges – and they save 125 million gallons of fresh water daily. That water is desperately needed in many of the countries where sanitation is also an issue.
Andy Gump, Inc., invites you to join us in recognizing the first annual World Portable Sanitation Day. Join us to bring these issues to the forefront of concern and help us to raise the awareness and promote change to make sustainable sanitation a priority.
Andy Gump will be participating in local Santa Clarita events on the weekend of August 15th to spread awareness and promote change. Our mission is to engage people all over the world in expanding access to sustainable sanitation, but the first step can be saving water at home! We look forward to seeing everyone at the following events:
- August 14, 2014 – Jam Sessions in Old Town Newhall on Main Street from 6pm-9pm
- August 15, 2014 – Summer Sunset Concerts at the Valencia Marketplace Amphitheater from 6pm-8pm
- August 16, 2014 – Concerts in the Park at Central Park starting at 7pm
While handing out water bottles, Andy Gump and WPSD volunteers will help educate people about the vital role portable sanitation plays in our lives. On August 16th, Poncho Sanchez will be performing at the large outdoor concert in Santa Clarita and concert goers will be able to use Andy Gump’s six-unit VIP restroom trailer with a large WPSD banner. Andy Gump also shares valuable information on its website at www.andygump.com
Andy Gump, Inc., is joining a global WPSD celebration and over time, it is the goal of WPSD to transform their interest and ingenuity into local solutions that prevent the spread of disease, save water, and improve the quality of life.
About Andy Gump, Inc.
Andy Gump Temporary Site Services is a Southern California success story with a five-decade history. Now welcoming the third generation into the business, our family-owned company still reflects the core values of our founder, Massena “Andy” Gump. We set the standard in flushing portable restrooms, designing and building the upscale models featured on film and television locations, and at dozens of high profile sporting events, concerts, movie premieres, and even the 2002 Salt Lake Winter Olympics. The equipment Andy Gump offers is not only backed by our superior service, but also by our unwavering commitment to environmental care. Wherever possible, we seek to reduce, reuse, or recycle, and help you minimize your project’s impact on the natural environment we all share.